Last Tuesday I joined a group from the Newcomers Club here to visit Waterperry Garden. The garden was originally established for a women's horticultural school, but now it's mainly run by volunteers who are just interested in gardening. They have a rose garden, fruit trees, knot garden, sort of French style flat section and a national collection of "saxifrage" that includes every species of saxifrage plants (they're the type you'd probably find above the tree line in a cold area). You can see more of my pictures from the garden at http://picasaweb.google.com/kristina.simacek/WaterperryGarden
I bought some herbs from their garden shop, so now we've got some extra ammo for cooking.


1 comment:
I just got some herbs the other day for free from our school garden.We have a grow your own community improvement project happening at the school. The project is working with east side eden greenhouses and created an urban raised bed garden in front of the school. The students grew herbs for teachers. I got some rosemary, basil, parsely and oregano. Stella mixed the basil into pasta and chicken and it was pretty good.
Post a Comment