Saturday, October 27, 2007

Millet's Farm

On Thursday I went out with Danalisa, Owen, Amanda, Millie and a new friend, Alisha and her two girls to Millet's Farm, near Abingdon. We had to take 2 buses, and it took an hour each way, but it was totally worth it! Not only did we get to see the beautiful English countryside on the way there, but the farm itself was really nice! They had all kinds of animals to see, like alpacas, goats, cows and miniature horses, as well as several country shops.

The food shop was really special. Their fresh produce looked great, and prices were even better! What really impressed me was the freezer section - they had the kind of freezers where you slide the top back and look in to get food, only the freezers were divided into sections where you could just scoop out loose frozen veggies. It was kind of like a candy store! They also had all kinds of neat kitchen gadgets (it was so hard not to buy a bunch!), nice meats, fresh fish and a bakery. If it wasn't so far away, I would definitely go there instead of the grocery store! I wound up with some fresh veggies, meringues and a pumpkin to grace our table!

They also had a huge garden center, and a clothing shop. We all got some great bargains at the shop - most notably the 5 pound fleece jackets me, Amanda & Danalisa got. They only had them in green, but we all like green, and for that price, who cares if we're triplets?

I forgot to take my camera with me, so a special thanks goes to Danalisa for letting me use hers for some great pictures, like this one with the animatronic polar bear!

1 comment:

Danalisa said...

LOL...I love that polar bear shot!