Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vegetable Box Delivered!

At 8AM on Tuesday morning, I heard a strange buzzing noise that I figured was a new alarm clock. After a few minutes I realized it wasn't, so I got up to investigate. As I was still in my PJs and Paul was ready for school, I had him go outside and see if it might have been the doorbell. Well, now we know that our doorbell sounds like a dying electronic device, and we also got our first vegetable box delivered!


As you can see, it's not a huge box, but it's got a decent amount of stuff. We got 4 bananas, 5 or 6 apples, 5 or 6 pears, an eggplant, 2 beets, 3 cukes, a handful of potatoes and a bunch of carrots. I had requested no onions, so I was happy to see that they didn't include any. I also like that they have recipes for all of the items they carry. I already made a version of their beet soup!

The box cost 10 pounds, which is probably more than we'd pay in a supermarket, but then again a supermarket doesn't deliver to your doorstep. We're happy with the service overall, though we're considering perhaps ordering a bigger box every other week rather than a small box every week. Either way, we're eating healthy and it's still a lot cheaper than eating out!

No comments: