Today we picked up our 16' moving truck. What's great about a truck that size is that it comes with a built-in ramp, which makes loading and unloading a LOT easier! My only complaint is that the cab reeks of cigarette smoke, and I'm not looking forward to smelling that stench for the 20 hours we'll be on the road. I tried spraying some disinfectant/deodorizing spray into the cab and closed the doors, so I'm hoping some magic will happen tonight and the smoke stench won't be so bad tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Paul and my dad managed to get pretty much everything into the truck this afternoon. I'm sure lucky to have strong men around to do the heavy lifting! We'll see what happens when we get to Bloomington and unload... but luckily we have the truck for a couple days on that end in case we need the extra time.
Tomorrow we're going to my grandmother's house to load some things she's giving us, and then we leave from there on Saturday morning.
Both of us are pretty stressed out about the move, but so far it's gone pretty smoothly!


No comments:
Post a Comment