Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Busy Wednesday!

Today has been pretty eventful, at least for our standards. Paul's sister, Anne, is visiting us from Phoenix for a few days. I haven't seen a whole lot of Bloomington, so it's going to be fun to do some touristy kinds of things with her. Of course, either Paul or I will have to alternate staying home with Rewley. There are a bunch of parks and lakes around here, and a couple vineyards and breweries that I'd like to visit (which might be boring for Anne since she's not old enough to drink yet). And I've heard good things about the Saturday farmer's market in town. We've just barely stocked the kitchen with food for us, so having Anne here is a good excuse to get some real meals put together. Tonight it's chili with baked potatoes. And somehow Rewley doesn't seem to notice the aroma!

The crate we got for Rewley worked great last night! He only whimpered a little at first, but quickly settled down. We took him out twice during the night, but it was really easy because we could hear him moving around when he woke. The house training is going great. No accidents apart from day one, but we blame ourselves for that. We're keeping him in the kitchen except for his meals, which we're feeding him in the crate. So far he seems very happy with the arrangement, and we are too.

I took Rewley to see the women working in the apartment management office this afternoon while Paul went to get Anne at the airport. There was a 3 month old dalmatian puppy there as well, so it was puppy playtime! Rewley is so well behaved, and he plays nicely. He settles down easily - the other pup kept barking even after she was restrained. I like to think we have a super smart pup, but it's also helpful that we've been doing some relaxation training with him, following our Monks of New Skete book.

Paul and Anne should be here soon, so I'll leave with some cute pictures of the day:

Here's Rewley taking over our laundry basket
From Rewley


And here he is snuggled up with an old towel that Grandma gave us to help pack glass things on our move:
From Rewley

No comments: