
See any resemblance with Steve Martin in the Pink Panther?
Yesterday Anne and I had an awesome sushi lunch downtown, then drove around looking at houses. We found one street in Ellettsville that was just perfect - gorgeous houses with nice yards and and established trees... only to find out later the houses for sale were listed around $600,000. Yikes!
This afternoon Paul's taking Anne to Lake Monroe, and to see the Star Wars movie.
And in trying not to only blog about the dog that's taking over our lives right now, here's a few things I've noticed about Indiana. First, the big box stores like Wal-Mart and grocery stores are open 24 hours. What a change from England! Second, food tastes in general are not so adventurous as I'm used to. I like to ask local people wherever I am about what restaurants they would recommend to someone new in town. Here, the kinds of recommendation are places like the Golden Corral buffet, Olive Garden, or Applebees. Strange considering Bloomington is home to dozens of fantastic ethnic restaurants. And third, people are really a lot friendlier. Even checking out at the grocery store, the cashiers are friendly and multiple people at various shops have offered to carry my bags to the car for me
Ok, and for my fav puppy pics of the day:
Nap Time

And just looking handsome


No comments:
Post a Comment