Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Drive to Bloomington

I tried to capture all of the state welcome signs as we drove from MA to IN, though I didn't get the RI sign. We left from my grandmother's house in Rhode Island, stopped overnight in Pittsburgh and drove the next day to Bloomington. It went smoothly, apart from having to replace the windshield wipers. And now that unpacking is done and the internet connection is back, I can post the pictures!

Entering Connecticut in the rain with malfunctioning windshield wipers...
From Move to Bloomington


Entering New York...


Pennsylvania and better weather...


Something called the Cheese House in Pennsylvania. Note the bugs on the windshield - YUCK!


We had an awesome time seeing Julina and Michael in Pittsburgh. They brought us to a tasty Belgian restaurant for mussels, which may have been even better than the ones we had in Brussels! It's always bittersweet seeing friends all over the place - so much fun to visit, but sad to leave. Well, we'll be in Bloomington for a while and we like visitors!

Day 2: West Virginia


Ohio


Can you see the rainbow? (note the cleaner windshield)


INDIANA!


And, Bloomington!

No comments: