For my birthday, Paul got me the sewing machine I had my eye on for a while. It's a Brother cs6000i, which probably would not impress the people on Project Runway, but it is by far fancier than anything I'd ever need. So far I've fixed 3 shirts that Binsey ripped up during her earlier puppy shenanigans. The machine has 60 different stitches, of which I've used two, and I have no idea what the heck you'd do with most of them!
I'm hoping to make some neat thing with my new machine, like window treatments. Last week there was a sale on sewing patterns, so I bought four of them. My plan is to buy fabric as it goes on clearance since my first few projects will probably not be anything close to professional grade. But I'll learn as I go along!
For now, though, I'm just glad I don't have to pay someone to fix puppy tooth holes or to hem new pants!


1 comment:
that's awesome! a skill I always wished I had. haha
Post a Comment