Monday, January 18, 2010

Closet Space

Our last home project of my winter break was to improve our master bedroom closet. It's a sort of oddly shaped walk-in closet with two long shelves that didn't use the space very well. So I bought a Rubbermaid closet kit that was on sale at Menards, and we got to work putting it up. It is a pretty simple thing, just level the rails and screw it into the wall. It's the kind of thing you can do in a couple hours - BUT that's not counting removing the old hardware, filling in the holes it leaves in the wall and painting it over. So the quick project took about three days while we waited for spackle, primer and paint to dry, but the finished product is great! Plus, we can move the shelves/rods around any time we want.


I can finally put my sweaters on shelves that I can actually reach AND see! Yay!

No comments: