This week I've been going to various orientation things for my PhD program. The hardest thing was picking classes. Because I'm coming in with a master's degree it makes things more complicated, mostly because I have less time to complete the course requirements. One big chunk to get through is the outside minor. I think I'm going to do a minor in Social Science Approaches to Health & Healing Systems (isn't that a mouthful?), which amounts to taking 4 courses. But, I also want to make sure that whatever I minor in is going to be helpful for my career. The other courses I have to take are sociological theory and advanced research techniques.
It's funny, you'd think by age 27 and with 2 degrees I'd have more of an idea what I want to do when I'm done with school this round, but it seems like every time a new door opens, you've got a million more paths to choose from.


1 comment:
My doctors and pastors all say that I need to make decisions and stick with them. I obsess (chew) on many options and this interferes with my life and productivity. Nothing gets done and I get anxious obsessing on many options and not making a decision.
I struggle with this and make mistakes sometimes but I need to continue. It takes discipline on my part to make decisions and stick to them. Not obsess on past mistakes. I need to move forward. It is a spiritual and emotional war for me. I loose some battles but I keep trying to go forward and make wise decions.
Post a Comment