Friday, February 5, 2010

Big Week!

This week Paul finished his first week at his new job! He's working for the local small business development center and we're excited about this opportunity! His commute is even shorter than mine - just 5 miles versus my 7 to campus. What a change from Chicago where we commuted 25 miles in bumper-to-bumper traffic taking an hour or more each way. It is so much nicer to be driving quickly past cow pastures and forests rather than sitting in that dense traffic.

On my end of things, I'm struggling to come up with an "interesting" and "feasible" master's paper topic since my previous master's thesis doesn't count here. Given that I have never done sociology research before, it's a challenge to come up with something new!

3 comments:

julina said...

congrats to Paul!

Danalisa said...

That's Great news about Paul! I hope he enjoys the new job! I'm sure you'll come up with a GREAT idea...you're a smart cookie. =)

Amanda said...

congratulations paul! I hope you like your new job.