Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grad School E-mails

It looks like I've been officially added to the IU Sociology grad student e-mail list, since I've started receiving e-mails from people I don't know with "SOCGRAD" as the TO e-mail address. To some extent, that makes me feel pretty important, but on the other hand, I wish I could start using my IU e-mail rather than g-mail (I probably won't have access to my IU e-mail until I start classes in August). I think a lot of us feel that way about "work" e-mail and "personal" e-mail - keep them separate! I guess I should be happy that my g-mail address is just my name and not something like "HotBabeXOXO".

It will be interesting over the next couple of months before I start my program to see what kinds of things people think are appropriate to send to all of the grad students. So far there's been a YouTube video and a couple of guest lecturer announcements. The Social Sciences tend to attract a colorful crowd, so I expect to get a lot of things in my inbox that I might not find as funny as the sender intended. But that's why there's a delete button!

Now I just need to get back on track reading Sociology related books rather than puppy training books!

No comments: